Friday, October 2, 2015

Blog 4

I chose to analyze the 2012 Vice Presidential debate between Vice President Joe Biden, and Congressman Paul Ryan. Both candidates participated in a 9-segment debate where the mediator asked the same questions, requiring giving answers and also interacting with discussion/follow up questions with each other. Biden was up first to answer the opening question; regarding the tragedy of a terrorist attack in Bengasi. He immediately gives the audience a sense of character to the victims of the tragedy, which makes an emotional advantage. And also gives two commitments to the viewers,

1.     That they will find, and bring justice to the men who commit the murders
2.    Solve the source of the problem and ensures the American people that this mistake will never happen again.
Biden values American security and patriotism, which can make the audience who also hold the same values as him relate and connect to his words he speaks. Biden stands for many liberal ideologies that built the Obama administration and that make him a strong contender. I thought he did well with emphasizing his support for President Obama’s policies. He shares short narratives about how on the first day of Barak Obamas Presidency, he circled his top priority is to find Osama Bin Laden. It gives a visual of his partner’s passion. He vividly compares the focuses between President Obama and Romney’s plan for national security. I also like his confidence in words when he speaks; he seems like the perfect team player with his fellow companion which in my opinion, reassures viewers that duo works together well and feeds off of each other when needed.  



If Biden did declare himself into this upcoming 2016 presidential race,  his credentials are undeniable. His experience in lawmaking in Washington and knowledge for federal budget and foreign affairs is an advantage over other candidates who don’t have the same level of creditability as Biden.
         If he decides to run in the 2016 campaign, I would suggest Biden to emphasize on American security, overseas as well as in our community. I would suggest him to discuss about the issues America has been facing for more than 100 years, race. 
To address solutions that can potentially help this country overcome inequality towards minorities with employment, discrimination, violence against minorities (Black men in particular) and eliminating police brutality;finding new methods to select ideal american citizens and also  new ways to properly train the people who want to protect and serve ALL americans.

Overall, judging from the section I watched, Joe Biden is a strong speaker, with great delivery skills on the issues that were debated about. I didn’t see anything that I disliked. His ability to appeal to audiences and viewers is undeniable.

4 comments:

  1. Good post! Biden no doubt has all of the credibility he needs to run for President. When Biden talks, people are going to listen. He has proved himself as a fantastic speaker. I think it would be a great idea for Biden to talk about what he is going to do to keep all Americans safe. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post was very informative! My question is do you think that Biden has enough creditable to actually win the 2016 elections? I know that he is a great speaker and that plays a huge factor but do you think he stands a chance with the other candidates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you did a great job explaining how strong of a speaker Joe Biden is and I agree with that! I also think that the confidence used when he speaks is definitely at his advantage and will allow him to succeed in the future.

    ReplyDelete